Laboratory of Visual Technologies and Augmented Reality
The Laboratory of Visual Technologies and Augmented Reality was established as part of European Union project "Development of scientific and research infrastructure of the Rzeszów University of Technology - stage II" at the Faculty of Management.
The laboratory consists of four independent research stations enabling scientific research in the areas of:
- graphics and computer animation,
- computer simulation with the use of three-dimensional graphics,
- creating interactive applications with the use of a virtual environment,
- creating augmented reality applications,
- visualization of the results of studies using stereoscopic technology,
- visualization and comparison of test results from multiple sources in real time.
Laboratory of New Technologies in Logistics
As part of the laboratory it is possible to conduct research and training of future staff in the areas of:
- statistical analysis of the flow of goods,
- mathematical models of the flow of goods,
- forecasts and determining the needs for individual logistics services (warehousing, freight forwarding, transport),
- simulation of economic processes associated with the transport of goods, warehousing and freight forwarding,
- analysis of logistics costs,
- systems of areas automatic identification (bar codes, RFID radio waves, magnetic paths, Optical Character Recognition (OCR), image and voice recognition),
- integrated IT systems supporting supply chain management (MRP, MRP II, ERP)
- virtual warehouse,
- development and analysis of network connections, flow models, queuing networks,
- the use and analysis of the profitability of the use of modern technologies, storage and transport,
- protocols and communication networks to support warehouse management.
Quality and Safety Laboratory:
Laboratory of Instrumental Analysis of Food Quality
The laboratory for instrumental analysis of food quality was established under European Union funding, as part of the project ”Expansion of scientific and research infrastructure of Rzeszow University of Technology - stage II” at the Faculty of Management.
The laboratory consists of the following stations:
- an assessment of the chemical composition of meat and its products;
- an assessment of physical and chemical properties of meat;
- evaluation of the degree of bleeding and blood residues in the muscles of slaughter animals;
- an assessment of chemical composition and physicochemical properties of milk;
The laboratory has the following analytical equipment:
- B-352A binocular biological microscope
- Nicon Eclipseci stereoscopic microscope
- Hach Lange spectrophotometer, DR3900
- Lactostar Funke Gerber milk analyzer
- Extractor for fat extraction
- PH STAR Matthaus apparatus for meat pH determination
- OPTO STAR Matthaus meat color determination apparatus
- Industrial conductivity meter LF - STAR Matthaus
The laboratory deals with:
Computer Image Analysis
One of the researches is the use of computer image analysis as an alternative method in assessing intramuscular fat content in pork meat. The method being created for analyzing the fat content of meat using computer image analysis uses specially developed numerical algorithms, the creation process of which involves several steps. In the first, a color image is converted into a monochrome image. The second stage of the algorithm involves determining an appropriate threshold value of gray level, below which pixels in the monochrome image of meat will be zeroed, and above which pixels will be given white color. It is assumed that the utilitarian effect of the project will be the development of an alternative method to conventional methods (the Soxhlet method) for assessing fat content allowing the significant elimination of their cost and labor intensity. The planned scientific result is the preparation of an original scientific publication of methodological nature.
An analysis of process and raw material factors on the quality of smoked meats using the traditional method
Subcarpathian Voivodeship is one of the particularly active regions of the country in terms of production of traditional cured meat products. Entrepreneurs operating here have registered a total of 190 products, including 62 meat products. In the tradition of the region, high-temperature smoked sausage products are particularly popular, as measured by sales value. According to recent research results, the traditional method of smoking at high temperatures can cause excessive accumulation of compounds from the group of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs), which are dangerous to health.
The purpose of the research is to evaluate selected parameters characterizing the nutritional and health value of hot-smoked sausage products.
The research material consists of samples of traditional sausage products, produced in one of the local processing plants. The following nutritional parameters of the products were analyzed:
- total water content
- protein content
- fat content.
For the evaluation of health parameters, the products were evaluated for the content of salt and PAHs ( benzo(a)pyrene - b(a)p, and the sum of four - chrysene, b(a)p, benzo(a)anthracene, benzo(b)fluornaten).
Laboratory of Forensic and Criminological Research
The Laboratory was established under funding from the European Union as part of the project ”Expansion of scientific and research infrastructure of Rzeszow University of Technology - stage II”.
It is equipped with unique, state-of-the-art analytical apparatus and research and measurement devices, which enable the performance of forensic examinations at the highest level.
The scope of tasks of the Laboratory:
- carrying out research projects and conducting scientific and research work in the field of forensic technology.
- cooperation with institutions, companies and scientific and research organizations in solving difficult and complex technical and forensic problems.
- interaction with law enforcement agencies, prosecutors' offices, courts, local governments, governmental administrative bodies, scientific and scientific and research institutions on the level of execution of opinions, extra-procedural expertise, as well as providing assistance and, if necessary, participation in forensic examination of crime scenes and other activities.
- popularizing the latest developments in forensic science, arousing and developing interest in forensic knowledge, promoting the development and achievements of forensic science and the achievements of forensic practice.
- dissemination of research opportunities and achievements in forensic technology through: organizing scientific camps and demonstrations to advance theoretical and practical knowledge; scientific conventions and conferences; workshops; readings; lectures and training courses.
The Laboratory is equipped with unique, state-of-the-art analytical apparatus and research and measurement equipment and software, which enable forensic examinations to be performed at the highest level. It has the following stations: computer forensics and penetration testing, document examination, visual examination, phonoscopic examination, physicochemical examination, trace visualization examination, crime scene examination, biometric examination, polygraph examination and criminological examination.
Top-of-the-line testing equipment used in the laboratory includes:
AVDS - a device that performs network security audits; videospectrocomparator - Foster and Freeman VSC40/HD device; ICAO Readers for e-Passports; Nikon Eclipse Ci-L microscope; Cross Match Patrol fingerprint scanner; VistaEY2 Dual Iris & Face Camera iris scanner; QuickCam Orbit camera; Universal Listening Station-SIM; Sony STR-DH730 amplifier; speaker system (Dolby Surround); AKG headphones; Audio Technica microphone; ZOOM H4n audio recorder; portable 3D measurement and 3D documentation systems-FARO Focus 3D laser scanner; Sonel KT-384 thermal imaging camera; SONY HD Video camera; Nikon camera with a set of lenses; ZOOM H4n audio recorder; forensic and dactyloscopic cases, materials and accessories for revealing and securing traces, forensic reagents and dyes; materials for reconstructing and marking crime scenes.
Amped Five; X-WaysTrace; X-Ways Forensic; NUIX Investigator; Cyber Security Technologies; Foster+Freeman VSC40/HD; NIS Elements; Invisible information (IPI and ICI) decoders; Security Document and Banknote Databases; MegaMatcher SDK; Sound Forge Pro 11.0; Spectra Lagers Pro 2.0; SceneVision-3D; Sonel ThermoAnalyze; Statistica; Atlas.ti; MaxQda; Quantum GIS.
Teaching Laboratory of Food Commodity Science
Teaching Laboratory of Industrial Commodity Science and Physics
Teaching Laboratory of Chemistry
Laboratory of Simulation of Economic Processes
Laboratory of Logistics and Integrated Management Systems
Computer Teaching Laboratory - 7 rooms